Spicy Pickled Eggs. This spicy pickled eggs recipe will teach you how to make old fashioned pickled eggs using a quick brine seasoned with jalapeño, garlic and dill. I personally have never eaten a pickled egg in my life. My husband on the other hand loves pickled eggs.
I think the best pickled eggs are the beet pickled eggs. They are my favorite because they're so pretty and I love beets. The spice combinations are prime candidates for experimentation, play around with. You can have Spicy Pickled Eggs using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Pickled Eggs
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pickling mix.
- You need 2 clove of garlic. peeled and smashed.
- You need 1/2 of sliced onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 dozen of eggs.
- It’s 2 quart of clean and sterile jars.
Pickled eggs get a total makeover! Sarah teaches you how to make one of our homestead favorites. Best Pickled Eggs Spicy Pickled Eggs Pickled Quail Eggs Sweet Pickled Eggs Recipe Pickled Garlic Pickled Beets Canning Recipes Egg Recipes Pickles. Pickled eggs are typically hard boiled eggs that are cured in vinegar or brine.
Spicy Pickled Eggs instructions
- Hard boil all eggs, and peel..
- Bring to a boil everything else, except garlic and onions..
- Divide evenly the onions and place them and one clove of garlic in each jar..
- Pack 6 eggs in each jar on top of onions and garlic..
- Pour liquid and spices (an equal amount) in each jar. It has to cover eggs..
- No need to seal lids, just put them on and place in the fridge. They take at least 1 week to pickle, but 2 is better, and u can't beat 3..
- I make about 8 quarts this time a year for hunting season! Awsome for the hunters on the go!.
As with many foods, this was originally a way to preserve the food so that it could be eaten months later. Pickled eggs have since become a favourite among many as a snack or hors d'œuvre popular in pubs, bars and taverns. The Spicy Pickled Eggs recipe out of our category Eggs! Add chile peppers, salt, sugar and spices to water. These Pickled Eggs are the perfect on the go snack or a make a yummy sandwich filling!