Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry.
You can cook Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry
- Prepare of (For Tuna Tatsu).
- It’s 1/2 lb of Tuna in block.
- You need of Wheat flour.
- You need of Beaten egg.
- Prepare of Bread crumple.
- Prepare of Solt, Pepper.
- It’s of (For Curry).
- You need 1/2 of Onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of Medium size Potato, diced into 3cm cubes.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot, diced into 2cm cubes.
- Prepare 1 of Eggplant, round sliced (if you like. not mandatory).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1/2 cup of Red wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Canned tomato, crushed.
- You need 2 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cube of Japanese curry sauce mix (in cube).
- Prepare of Salt.
Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry instructions
- Firstly make a curry. In a pot, with a trace of oil, sauté the vegetables other than eggplants till the onions turned brown. Add curry powder, red wine, canned tomato and chicken stock, then simmer. When carrots and potatoes are harf-done, add eggplants..
- All the vegetables are done, turn the heat off and add curry sauce mix and dissolve. Add garam masala and gently heat again. Season with salt if necessary..
- Then make a Katsu. Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Thinly coat with flour, then dip in the beaten egg. Cover with bread crumble. Shallow-fry at 180°c till coloured golden. Cook time dependes on the thickness of the fish, but approx. 30 sec for each side. Let's cook rare to medium rare..
- TTip : You should rest the katsu for a minute on the wire net or kitchen paper to release extra oil..
- Serve with steamed rice like top photo. Decorate with cherry tomato and parsley..